Senior Account Manager/Account Director – Global Health Policy And Communications
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impacts that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisers clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. We delight in what we do and look after our clients.
We are always looking for talent to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and a meaningful place to work.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Account Manager/Account Director with demonstrated experience in health care communications, and preferably strong interest in global health issues. You will work almost exclusively on global health clients on issues such as COVID-19, IP, access, AMR, UHC, etc. The role has a very strong communications focus, therefore the selected candidate needs to showcase expertise in working with media, drafting and placing opinion pieces and working with social media. The role also includes managing a certain client portfolio, drafting reports and policy briefings, participating in strategy meetings, identifying research needs, providing overall support to more senior staff members and managing junior members of the team. The latter includes conducting appraisals and providing feedback and guidance to junior team members.
You need to be proactive, solution-driven, willing to take the extra mile and eager to help us grow the business by delivering excellent service to our clients. You also need to be able to lead small teams.
Experience and knowledge:
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience for Senior Account Manager position, 7-10 years for Account Director role. The ideal candidate would have a combined experience of working in or around global health institutions and in an agency, patient or professional group. Candidates without a track record in the healthcare area and in communications will not be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ongoing global health debates (COVID-19, IP, access, AMR, vaccines, trade, etc.) and issues affecting the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of key health stakeholders in Geneva and beyond
- Knowledge of the WHO and its processes, and other multilateral fora like G7, G20, OECD, etc.
- Demonstrated experience in conception and implementation of social media campaigning.
- Perfect command of English; French highly desirable, additional languages are an asset.
- A client-oriented mindset, ability to lead projects and teams and deliver high quality outputs.
- Advanced writing skills and ability to quickly summarise complex issues.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to adapt writing to different audiences.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, proven through concrete previous examples and track record
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment.
- Proficient with IT and new media tools.
- Permission to work in Belgium.
- Good references.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive package of additional benefits
- A fantastic work environment
- A place where you will be able to grow
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
We are interested in talented people who are interested in us. In your application, please take the time to explore what added value your unique personality and competences could bring to us.
Please send your tailored cover letter and resume to email@example.com mentioning the reference of the job you are applying for (Re: Senior Account Manager Global Health Team or Account Director Global Health Team).
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will then be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team