Are you passionate about communication and social media and interested in healthcare content? Do digital channels have no secrets for you? Do you have an interest in global health and international affairs? Do you want to be part of an amazing team? Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application (both cover letter and resume) online: https://survey.harrisonassessments.com/fbu6-d262-5bup
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will then be contacted for an interview.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a (Senior) Consultant with experience in communications and social media and an interest in matters of Global Health. The role has a strong communications element, with excellent writing skills and in-depth knowledge about digital channels required, as well as daily monitoring of a range of issues in global health. An interest in global healthcare, politics and a passion for good storytelling is a definite plus.
- Daily monitoring of global health topics
- Digital marketing communications content and asset creation
- Drafting content for articles and newsletters
- Conducting background research and writing memos, event notes, and issue briefs
- Managing database of global health media and support with organizing press conferences
- Media outreach when needed
- Developing ideas for combining policy messages and innovative formats
- Assisting with project management (drafting meeting minutes, updating timelines)
- Supporting with occasional organization of events and press conferences
- EU national or work permit holder
- A previous experience in the comms/social media/global health Candidates without experience in these sectors will not be considered
- Interest in global health and international affairs
- Perfect command of English; additional language skills an asset
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Advanced research and writing skills, including the ability to summarize issues quickly and accurately
- Ability to work in a team, whilst at the same time carrying out own tasks independently and to agreed deadlines
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment
- Proficient with IT and new media tools
- Previous experience in a communications or social media capacity at Global Health organization
- Hold a journalism or communications degree
- Demonstrated experience with communications and advocacy on digital media platforms is a big plus – drafting and planning social media campaigns, community engagement
- Experience in working with media and drafting opinion articles
- Knowledge of UN system and IOs, in particular WHO, WTO, WIPO.
- Graphic design skills (use of Canva, ppt etc)
What we offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive package of additional benefits
- A fantastic work environment
- A place where you will be able to grow
- Training opportunities
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impact that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisers clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. We delight in what we do and look after our clients.
We are always looking for talent to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and a meaningful place to work.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team
For more interesting opportunities within our company, please see our website: https://acumenpa.com/careers/