Are you proactive, results-oriented, willing to take the extra mile and eager to help us grow the business by delivering excellent service to our clients? Are you intellectually curious and motivated by complex and varied assignments? Do you enjoy coordinating projects? Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
How to apply?
We are interested in talented people who are interested in us. In your application, please take the time to explore what added value your unique personality and competences could bring to us.
To apply for this position, please submit your application (both cover letter and resume) online: https://survey.harrisonassessments.com/66mc-kie7
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will be contacted for an interview.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Account Manager who will work with and complement our Sustainability team based in Brussels, Belgium.
Your role will include:
- coordinating various projects
- drafting reports and policy briefings
- participating in strategy meetings
- identifying research needs
- providing overall support to more senior staff members
- guiding junior members of the team
Your experience and knowledge:
- 3-4 years of relevant work experience working in one or more of the following: EU or international institutions, a public affairs consultancy, an in-house public affairs role in a company, a trade association or an NGO
- Understanding of the workings of the EU institutions and legislative processes, in one or more policy areas related to sustainability (e.g. Climate, chemical, energy, environment, mobility or agri-food policies)
- Expertise in policy monitoring, project management, communications, traditional media relations, and/or social media campaigns would be an asset
- Perfect command of English; additional languages are an asset
- A client-oriented mindset, ability to lead projects and project teams and deliver high quality outputs
- Advanced writing skills and ability to quickly summarize complex issues
- Excellent communication skills; ability to adapt writing to different audiences
- Strong organizational and project management skills, proven through concrete previous examples and track record
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment
- Team-working skills
- Proficient with IT and new media tools
- Permission to work in Belgium
- Good references
What we offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive package of additional benefits
- A fantastic work environment
- A place where you will be able to grow
- Training opportunities
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impact that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisers whom clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. We delight in what we do and look after our clients. We are always searching for talent to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and meaningful place to work.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team