Are you passionate about topics related to food and agricultural policy? Are you an EU policy nerd? Are you proactive, solution-driven, willing to take the extra mile and eager to help us grow the business by delivering excellent service to our clients? Do you enjoy a fast-paced and friendly work-environment? Do you have an interest in the commercial side of working in an agency? Do you love helping junior team members grow? Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your application (both cover letter and resume) to email@example.com .
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will then be contacted for an interview.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Account Director specialised in Agro-foodood policy who will work with and complement our amazing Sustainability team based in Brussels, Belgium.
The role includes managing a client portfolio focused on food and agriculture policy, drafting reports and policy briefings, participating in strategy meetings, designing and implementing advocacy campaigns, identifying research needs, overseeing client deliverables, providing overall support to more senior staff members and guiding junior members of the team.
- 5 plus years of relevant work experience working in one or more of the following: EU or international institutions, a public affairs consultancy, an in-house public affairs role in a company, a trade association or a NGO.
- Understanding of the workings of the EU institutions and legislative processes, in one or more policy areas related to food and agriculture, for example the Farm-to-fork strategy and related EU green deal policies.
- Expertise in communications, traditional media relations, and/or social media campaigns would be an asset.
- Perfect command of English; additional languages are an asset.
- A client-oriented mindset, ability to lead projects and teams and deliver high quality outputs.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to adapt writing to different audiences.
- Strong organisational and project management skills, proven through concrete previous examples and track record.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment.
- Team-working and management skills.
- Proficient with IT and new media tools.
- Permission to work in Belgium.
- Good references.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience.
- A comprehensive package of additional benefits:
- A private health insurance covering your hospitalisation, dental and ambulatory care costs as well as the ones of your family members.
- A private pension plan.
- Possibility to telework.
- A phone with a Belgian sim card.
- Internet at home.
- A net teleworking indemnity.
- Extra-legal holidays and company closing days.
- A fantastic work environment (activities with colleagues, dog-friendly office, breakfast at the office every Friday, and so much more!)
- A place where you will be able to grow.
- Training opportunities.
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impact that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisers whom clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. We delight in what we do and look after our clients.
We are always searching for talent to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and meaningful place to work.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team
For more interesting opportunities within our company, please see our website: