Are you passionate about political communications? Do you have solid experience in journalism or public relations? Do you know the who is who of the Brussels press corps? Do you want to be part of an amazing team? Then this opportunity is perfect for you
How to apply?
We are interested in talented people who are interested in us. In your application, please take the time to explore what added value your unique personality and competences could bring to us.
Please send your tailored cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the reference of the job you are applying for (Re: Media Relations Specialist).
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will be contacted for an interview.
What we are looking for:
We are currently looking for a Media relations specialist with experience in journalism, public relations and/or media relations. The role has a strong communications element, with excellent writing skills and in-depth knowledge about media and press required.
- Proactively developing and maintaining relations with journalists and press associations.
- Contributing to integrated, 360-degree communication strategies and campaigns.
- Writing press releases, briefing documents and other communications materials.
- Managing communications with the media for a wide range of clients.
- Developing brand and reputation management strategies.
- Developing and implementing crisis response plans.
- Coordinating press conferences.
- More than 4 years of relevant experience as a journalist or in public/media relations
- EU national or Belgian work permit holder.
- An established network of journalists and media contacts.
- Experience working with media and drafting opinion articles and press releases.
- In-depth knowledge of communication channels
- Native-level command of English; additional language skills an asset.
- Strong presentation skills – ability to present information in a clear and visually appealing way.
- Ability to work in a team, whilst at the same time carrying out own tasks independently and to agreed deadlines.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment.
- Proficient with IT and new media tools.
What we offer:
- A long-term contract or freelancer contract.
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive package of additional benefits
- A fantastic work environment in which new ideas and approaches are more than welcome.
- Training opportunities – on the job as well as dedicated trainings with experienced industry experts.
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impact that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisors that clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. This is why, we follow a 360-degree approach for our clients – from policy advice to channel management, and to running entire campaigns. We delight in what we do and provide tailor-made solutions.
We are always looking for talented individuals to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and a meaningful place to work.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team
For more interesting opportunities within our company, please see our website: https://acumenpa.com/careers/