Do you enjoy planning and organising? Do you want to work in a fast-paced and stimulating environment? Are you proactive, intellectually curious and solution-oriented? Do you have experience in a corporate, international office environment and are you up for a challenge to progress your career? Would you like to be part of a young, fun, dynamic and international team? Then this offer is for you!
How to apply?
To apply for this position, please submit your application (both cover letter and resume) online: https://survey.harrisonassessments.com/umux-e698-4wej
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will then be contacted for an interview. Applications without a cover letter will not be taken into account.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a highly motivated Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to our 4 Managing Partners, and our growing team of 60+ staff.
Profiles of candidates wishing to apply should present the following characteristics:
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and French
- Work permit holder
- Experience working as part of a team
- Motivated, dynamic, flexible, can-do attitude
- Highly organised, proactive and detail oriented
- Able to work under pressure with a professional attitude
- Excellent grasp of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Around 2 years’ experience within team administration or office management:
- Desired but not essential traits:
- Prior experience working within a consultancy or agency environment.
- An interest/knowledge in advocacy or communications.
What will you do?
- Manage the diaries of the Partners,
- Book travel for the Partners and manage their expenses,
- Proactively follow-up with the Partners on their actions from internal meetings,
- Format documents for them using Microsoft Office tools e.g., Word/Excel/PowerPoint,
- Produce presentations, agendas and take minutes for internal management meetings and wider team meetings,
- Supervise the Front-office: answering landline phone and door, welcoming guests, receiving deliveries, ensuring that the office is neat and clean;
- Support the whole team in organising physical meetings, including setting up the meeting rooms, ordering catering and booking restaurants;
- Update contact details in CRM;
- Provide administrative support;
- Book travel for staff.
What will you get?
We offer career progression and professional development, with training opportunities and on-the-job learning.
In addition to a competitive salary based on your experience, your core benefits package will include:
- 20 days legal holiday plus 5 discretionary days (plus public holidays).
- Private healthcare insurance.
- A company pension plan.
We have a very active social calendar all year round and a great office space located between the Schuman roundabout and the Cinquantenaire Parc.
About the role:
Starting date: As soon as possible
Length: Long-term contract
Time commitment: Full-time
Presence in the office is required (with some exceptions).
Acumen Public Affairs (www.acumenpa.com) is an independent consultancy based in heart of the European district in Brussels, with both European and International clients.
The Acumen team of 60+ people work on a range of issues for clients that include companies and associations. Acumen projects range from tailor made monitoring of policy issues with impact on businesses and/or sectors, public affairs and communication campaigns, strategy development, policy events, media relations specifically relating to policy, as well as social media campaigns.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team