We are looking for a Consultant to work with and complement our EU Health team in Brussels. You need to be proactive, solution-driven, willing to take the extra mile and having excellent attention to detail.
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impact that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisers clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. We delight in what we do and look after our clients.
We are always looking for talent to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and a meaningful place to work.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Consultant to work with and complement our EU Health team. You need to be proactive, solution-driven, willing to take the extra mile and having excellent attention to detail.
The role includes daily monitoring of various issues (legislative and non-legislative), conducting research, drafting newsletters and policy briefings, helping in organising trainings and workshops, and providing overall support to more senior staff members.
Experience and knowledge:
- 2 years of experience in the health and/ or pharmaceutical sectors. Candidates without experience in these sectors will not be considered.
- Perfect command of English; additional languages are an asset.
- Knowledge of the EU institutions and legislative processes.
Skills and attributes:
- Advanced research and writing skills, including the ability to summarise issues quickly and accurately.
- Ability to work in a team, whilst at the same time carrying out own tasks independently and to agreed deadlines.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm, ability to work under tight deadlines in an international environment.
- Knowledge of current developments and trends affecting Acumen and its clients’ businesses.
- Proficient with IT and new media tools.
- EU national or work permit holder
- Previous experience/traineeship in one of the European Institutions – especially in DG SANTE or working for MEPs in the Parliament’s ENVI Committee.
- Good, demonstrated command of social media – experience in organising social media campaigns.
- Experience in media relations – speaking and pitching to journalists, drafting press releases and/ or opinion pieces.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive package of additional benefits
- A fantastic work environment
- A place where you will be able to grow
- Training opportunities
How to apply?
We are interested in talented people who are interested in us. In your application, please take the time to explore what added value your unique personality and competences could bring to us.
Please upload your cover letter and resume.
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will then be contacted for an interview.
We look forward to meeting you!