Do you have experience of issues related to EU chemical regulation? Are you an EU nerd? Are you proactive, solution-driven, willing to take the extra mile and eager to help us Acumen grow by delivering excellent service to our clients? Then this opportunity is perfect for you!
How to apply?
We are interested in talented people who are interested in us. In your application, please take the time to explore what added value your unique personality and competences could bring to us.
Please send your tailored cover letter and resume to email@example.com mentioning the reference of the job you are applying for (Re: Chemical Account Manager Sustainability Team).
Candidates who have a profile matching what we are looking for will be contacted for an interview.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an Account Manager with an expertise in Chemicals who will work with and complement our Sustainability team based in Brussels, Belgium.
The role includes:
- Providing strategic advice on European Green Deal related dossiers to a broad range of clients
- Acting as a day-to-day point of contact for clients in responding to their questions, and liaising on current and ongoing work;
- Helping develop and implement client advocacy actions in Brussels and across the EU;
Experience and knowledge:
- 2 – 4 years for Account Manager position of relevant work experience on chemicals projects, notably in a consultancy, industry or a trade association, government, or within an EU Institution;
- Knowledge and keen interest in EU sustainability policy and decision-making processes, with a focus on the European Green Deal, notably chemicals and ideally one of the following policy topics: circular economy, energy and climate;
- A sound knowledge (or keen interest!) of EU (and international chemicals policy), notably REACH (Restrictions and Authorisations) and classification and labelling (CLP), with UN Conventions being an added benefit;
- A network of contacts with EU policymakers, and within the ‘Brussels-bubble’ on sustainability issues;
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as EU or international politics, law, environmental policy, sustainability etc (Masters’ degree in relevant field is an added advantage)
- Experience in working in international teams;
- A client-oriented mindset, ability to lead projects and project teams and deliver high quality outputs;
- Very strong writing skills and ability to quickly summarise complex issues;
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, proven through concrete previous examples and track record;
- Strong team spirit, with a hands-on and solution-driven growth mindset;
- Strong research and analytical skills;
- Critical thinking with a desire to learn in a fast-paced and international environment;
- Familiarity with digital and social campaigns is an advantage; and
- Excellent spoken and written English – other languages are a plus.
- Permission to work in Belgium
- At least 2 references
What we offer:
- A competitive salary commensurate with experience
- A comprehensive package of additional benefits
- A fantastic work environment
- A place where you will be able to grow
- Training opportunities
At Acumen we have built a culture to meaningfully shape policy and deliver impact that lasts. We bring more than experienced counsel and a winning record to the table. We pride ourselves in being the kind of advisers whom clients want at their side during their most complex, difficult decisions. We delight in what we do and look after our clients.
We are always searching for talent to contribute to our purpose. And as our people can attest and the awards show, we are a great and meaningful place to work.
We look forward to meeting you!
The Acumen Team
Not quite the job you are looking for? Take a look at our website for other opportunities: Careers | Acumen Public Affairs (acumenpa.com)